You and only YOU are the driving force behind your success. But yet the vast majority of us haven’t reached the success we would like to. I believe we are all able to achieve success. I believe every single one of us has the opportunity to grow into something we can be amazing at. We all have something that ignites our passion and that we’re really good at, yet most of us aren’t doing it. The question is: are you structuring your life and work to have the right mindset, structures and daily habits you need to get where you want to be to achieve success. We’ll here’s 5 things that successful people do differently.
- They are comfortable being uncomfortable Everyone is good when we are comfortable but the second we go out into unknown territory we become uncomfortable and typically withdrawal back. The truth is, even the most successful individuals and leaders are not fearless. They have fears indeed but the difference is they are simply people who have practiced over and over again walking into their fear, to the point where they’ve started to become conformable in the unknown. Change is scary, I get it… but like anything it takes practice. Therefore don’t spend your life avoiding fear. Instead take 1 step each day towards something that makes you feel uncomfortable. Step into that unknown territory and train your brain to embrace this fear because I will assure you right behind it lies opportunity, growth, and reward. For everything you now find easy you once found hard. So remember she who rises the fastest has the greatest capacity and understanding of discomfort.
- They understand things are happening “for them” and not to them. Life challenges happen to every single one of us I don’t care who you are. We all have a sob story of some sort. The difference is successful people don’t blame external conditions for the crap hand life deals them. Instead they look at everything that’s happening to them good or bad as an opportunity to learn, grow and take them to that next pathway on their journey. So the next time you are dealt with a difficult hand ask yourself how can your turn your hard times into stepping-stones or a way to learn, grow and propel yourself forward. For it’s every adversity, every failure and every heartache that carries with it the seed of equivalent or greater benefit. Remember Life is not happening “to you”… it’s happening “for you”.
- They understand great rewards take time. We live in a world now where we want instant results, or instant gratification. But the reality of it is anything that’s worth while is never easy because if it was easy everyone would be doing it. Therefore if you want to reap the big rewards it takes energy, actions and the hardest part of all “time”. However 95% of people aren’t willing to wait that time. They create success goals, put in the bare minimum of effort, work at it for a bit but eventually loose all focus and motivation, and never end up achieving their goals or staying in the game long enough to reach their success. Successful people understand that great rewards are paired with time, patience, and persistence. They don’t give up just because someone told them they couldn’t do it, or because they had a bad week. Instead they stay focused, and remain patient because they understand that their current situation is not their final destination and that everything they are going through is only preparing them for what they asked for.
- They don’t get distracted. How often do you check your phone a day? is it the first thing you look at when you wake up in the morning. Or perhaps you’re listening to music or watching videos or even giving energy to a dramatic situation that by no means benefits you. How many hours would you say you do this a day? 8 minutes here 25 minutes there. We’ve all been there, we scroll through facebook or instagram looking for “likes” and the next thing we know an hour has passed. Successful people are masters when it comes to eliminating any items that distract them or do not serve them. Doing so allows them to reserve energy to put towards creating and achieving their goals. So the next time you reach for your phone or involve yourself in a dramatic situation ask yourself if there is a better way you can be spending your time because I can almost always assure you there is!
- They train their brain to remain positive through the low periods. Now this one is by far the point I struggle with the most because lets face it; who likes to put a smile on your face when you feel like the world around you is coming crashing down. But the real difference with successful people is that their faith is always great than their fears. Therefore no matter what circumstances they come across they always manage to focus on the positive and the reason why they are there. They do this through a variety of ways like positive affirmations, visualisation and meditations. So they next time you are dealt a bad hand try to stop yourself from reacting, and instead focus on why you are there in the first place. Understand successful people focus on the positives and remember you are always in control because the only thing making you unhappy is your own thoughts. So change it and focus on the positives.
Let’s face it, to become successful you have to be willing to do what 95% of the population is not willing to do. In summary successful people are comfortable in the unknown because they’ve practiced it. They don’t play the victim because they understand things are happening “for them” and not to them. They comprehend that anything that delivers a great reward will always take time. They are masters at eliminating distraction or anything that doesn’t serve them and lastly they have trained their brain to remain positive even through the low periods. So If I can give any advice it’s that you and only you are the driving force behind your success. So ask yourself; Are you structuring your life and work to have the right mindset, structures and daily habits you need to get where you want to be to achieve success. Even if you focus on mastering 1 of these 5 things you will instantly becoming 1 step closer to success and making your dreams and goals a reality.